Regular News Updates/Communications Traffic

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development Regular News Updates/Communications Traffic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Morlock
    Participant

One of the things i’ve really enjoyed about this group is the role play, especially when we get the news updates from the front. I was wondering if there was any interest in expanding on that and setting up a feed of short audio comms for people to hear during the week. updates from command, or fashion it as an embedded reporter filing reports from the front?

i have experience setting up and maintaining podcasts, or they could just be audio files linked on comms net posts?

Just something i’ve been mulling over today. thoughts?

Matsiyan
    Participant

I would be happy to contribute voice acting as Matsiyan or something else. I can record over a headset in Audacity.

I had thought of recording my character logs as voice to be more Trek-like.

Fish’s news broadcasts are awesome. I agree that would be a great weekly extra essentially based on data available to ONI.

Mundy and I have done some voice pieces for a future scenario Kennon Far cooked up, but I think it is an ambitious one-off scenario needing a lot of GM prep. So it could be a while before they are ever used.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love it, but it’d require some dedicated people to oversee and maintain it.

Donovan
    Participant

The topic of fleet communications had been brought to the fore in ONI just recently. This is very relevant and well-timed.

Morlock
    Participant

as long as there is space to put it, there doesn’t need to be an actual website to keep up, and it doesn’t take a ton of editing, its pretty easy to maintain something short and sweet. I’m thinking max 5 minutes including intro/outro.

this could be weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly… a monthly might be an after action report of some sort… again, just spitballing.

To start we would need voice actors, server space for audio files (depending on the quality they would be small, very small, or super small), someone (or someones) to do production – editing, gathering voice clips, basically back end stuff.

Quinn
    Participant

I don’t know enough about editing to be any help on the back end but I’d be interested in helping to write/produce/record

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, what you said before made it seem like there was a constant stream of content.

Morlock
    Participant

i can do editing especially if its short form. I do sound/editing for two shows at my radio station… but i’d need backup as my health can make me unreliable at times. that can also be resolved by making a backlog. this is something that would be good as a test bed. see what we can do with short form simple communications and then see if we want to expand from there (though i’m always one to think five more steps ahead than i should!). we wouldn’t need a ton of sound effects or anything like that. just a straight up reading in character.

I’m seeing that matsiyan, quinn, and mundy might be interested? if anyone else is interested, i bet we can do a couple one offs as an alpha test? see how everyone likes it?

Morlock
    Participant

Oh, what you said before made it seem like there was a constant stream of content.

eh it depends on what people would like to do. i was thinking a regular gig but it could also be mission/scenario dependent. it all depends on what the GMs think would enhance the game.

Matsiyan
    Participant

No one has yet mentioned scripting. These things do not extemporise well 🙂

Morlock
    Participant

see this is why i’m great at being XO but should never have my own ship 😀

we need one o’ them too. someone from intelligence should be roped in here!

Matsiyan
    Participant

Naval Intelligence? Isn’t that a famous atmoïdiot?

Anonymous
    Inactive

WHOM DO TOU THINK I AM?!

Matsiyan
    Participant

By the way, I enjoy listening to Leonard Hall’s recordings of intership mission traffic. I usually pull it into Audacity and run the silence suppression filter. It is extremely helpful for reconstructing missions.

Would it be worthwhile for the XO or comms officer to do that on individual ships? I did it once when I was commanding Excalibur and the feedback was very helpful.

Donovan
    Participant

Morlock – you’ve got 3 ONI Officers already participating in this thread. And things you’re bringing up have been brought up, almost point for point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.