Proposal of Addition to Combat Orders

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development Proposal of Addition to Combat Orders

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

There have been updates to the combat orders since this discussion. This has not been transferred on to the spreadsheet linked above though.

There was a point that I was re-writing thw combat orders and fleet attack patterns. Much of it was similar,with some additional elements added such as formations and individual manoeuvres.

It would require a certain amount of retraining, and as with all these things, will only work if people actually commit to using proper procedure and practise.

In the past, we have added designations, but we’ve encountered issues because use has varied due to officers not being up-to-dare with new orders and protocols.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

If you updated the documentation, and during the pre-mission briefings for the next couple weeks you provided link(s) and advised that officers familiarize themselves with the updated protocols, I think we would learn them fairly quickly.

Braddock
    Participant

On the topic of combat orders in general, I believe that the Foxtrot fleet attack pattern should be changed so that the support vessel never performs a mine run on the fleet. In a foxtrot pattern, the support vessel is the first to fire on the fleet giving him tango. As long as the support vessel remains close to the fleet, they should hold tango and keep other remaining vessels safe. This is not, however, a good position for the ship to preform a mine run itself as it is guaranteed to receive a hit form every ship in the fleet. I remember a specific instance where a ship I was in did this exact maneuver and went from full shields to half the ship destroyed.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Braddock.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.