Player's Toolbox Document

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Archives (OOC) Forum RP Development Ideas Player's Toolbox Document

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Keymaster

So, here is the beginnings of the Player’s toolbox document. I’ll add a contents list at some point for quick navigation to a particular module heading.

Player’s Toolbox

Current stuff in the players toolbox (QR list)

Data Encryption – Security Bypass Algorithm
      Xenolinguistics – Translation Matrix, Linguistic Analysis Sub-routine
      Power Core Operations – Power relays
      Stellar Cartography – Fraslun’s Intelligent Aggregator
      Sensor Data Analysis – Baxter-Xeelee Filter, Photinavian filter
      Interstellar Comms – Multi-spacial antenna array

I don’t want to have millions of entries for each module, but enough to give something to go off. How this evolves is up to us and how we use it. Basically though, a player just needs to know bits of it (i.e. their own module) and can cite stuff in forum RP. How much you choose to read and learn is entirely up to you!

Of course, a GM needs to know a lot more (or be prepared to flick and find out the answer) to see what the players are actually up to. @fishevans , I am happy to run the forum RP. You will need to feed me a bit more info though if it is to link seamlessly to the duty shift RP.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Xavier.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Xavier. Reason: Added a quick reference list
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Xavier.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Xavier.
    Xavier
    Keymaster

Just to keep you up to date, I have done some basic formatting on the Player’s Toolbox document to make it easier to navigate. There are also now several entries in the toolbox, hopefully giving some inspiration on things you can do as a character.

Xenolinguistics has two key entries. At the moment, it doesn’t feel like it needs much more – at least I can’t think of anything else to add. The two actions could pretty much cover a whole range of possible scenarios and keep with the “theme” of the module.

Other modules may end up with more, we’ll just have to see.

Looking at the other sections, there is a lot of scope for ideas. There could be things like weapons in the combat section, gadgets in engineering type modules and little snippets of knowledge of technology elsewhere. For example, the Power Relays in the Power Core Operations is an entry about a piece of commonly used equipment. Exactly what it looks like in all different situations doesn’t matter, the fact you can identify a power relay and use it in some form or another is the key.

Fish Evans

Just wanted to thow in a few devices that have been mentioned in previous missions.

Quantom Entangled Comms Unit
    A rare and one time use device that can send up to 2 charectors instintantiously across any distance to the pair of the unit. Typicaly found on command posts in order to send disaster level comunucations to Core Systems. Most of command bases in the 2nd Fleet area are paired with devices held at Port Arthur the nearest Core System. They are typicaly held in the command center embeded into the desk of the Senior System Officer. Due to the limited bandwidth and one time use nature of the device a complex encodeing system is used. The Tech level of such devices is relitivly low so most species have a similer device, they are however energy intensive to make. There is no known method of blocking or jamming such a transmision, nor intercepting it. The device is man portable but not usable unless connected to a station level reactor to power it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘(OOC) Forum RP Development Ideas’ is closed to new topics and replies.