OOC TOPIC: Training Simulation 1-Beta

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre Holodeck OOC TOPIC: Training Simulation 1-Beta

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Strangely enough, that’s exactly what I’m just about to order you to do.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I went with Below Average DR for the door opening, since Blaze is big and strong, so -1 because of the trait.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sigh. Unfortunately, still no maps. 🙁

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Dante, you’re not allowed to post until at least two other players have posted their turn before you.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Every post does not havr to contain an action. The characters can converse, plan, ask opinions, give and refuse orders. In fact before some key attempted actions it is probably a good idea to get agreement.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

That’s true.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, I thought since it was best to have two questions, that splitting a post made sense. We could have @admin Xavier remove it, should you so wish. Side note: I wish we could have the ability to edit our posts indefinitely.

Matsiyan
    Participant

This one doesn’t seem to be a problem, but I am wondering why Dante is so worried about attack when there are no life signs. Also, there is currently no “down”. I assume he is pointing at the decksole as he floats.

Probably best not to edit posts in the RP, it could get confusing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

He knows it’s not likely an attack will occur, but he is always ready for one when it does. Right, I forgot we were floating, that’s what I was getting at.

Zac Turnez
    Participant

Simple solution – to help orientate ourselves we refer to down as the ‘deck’, up as the ‘ceiling’, right and left as the ‘walls’. Therefore Dante would be pointing his sidearm at the deck.

Right, going to try out Matsiyan’s idea of having some dialogue in the RP.

I have asked no questions, just trying out a conversation before we go ahead with any questions and actions.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I asked no questions mostly because I wanted to establish that setting up the generator this way should be routine. And to give a chance to confirm back. Might need help translating some non trivial Kralien if it does not work straight away.
    I am guessing I can look at some Kralien script like button labels and get a heads up translation inside the suit for simple things.

Zac Turnez
    Participant

Added my post. I am thinking that when we actually start activating all this, we need to think carefully first about the questions we are going to ask, and then secondly about the acting and difficulty of the ranks. I guess the acting depends on Matsiyan’s expertise with fine tuning the bursts and keeping the pulses steady and incremental (as well as his own instinct with using power systems), and the difficulty needs to be agreed with how robust the power relays in the emergency lighting systems are likely to be.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Matsiyan is expert and has seen similar power systems before. Reaching all routine parts of the station should be easy, only damaged or shielded portions should be off limits. I plan to ask the question “do the the pulses reach all parts of the station?” That way, if the answer is “no” we can rephrase to see what portion is reached. The first division might be that we reach all common power lines but don’t get the lighting because of those power relay capacitors (that we saw in the first holosim). Not really important for mapping purposes.

Nhaima
    Participant

Did I kill things?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s our next move guys?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.