OOC TOPIC: Training Simulation 1-Beta

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre Holodeck OOC TOPIC: Training Simulation 1-Beta

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Nhaima
    Participant

Did we ever determine the mapping for skill rating to AR? If so, I didn’t see it.

Xavier
    Keymaster

I have quickly added a converstion. To me “Trained” should be the average, with Basic being below average and Confident being above. Expert therefore steps up to High and Master to Exceptional. Beyond these, I doubt we are going to use the other ranks. Though gaining more experience in a particular module could give us Incredible level. Below that, untrained would be Low. Of course, as TSN officers we should have a level of problem solving ability to work our way around most situations.

As for our own physical traits like reaction speed, strength etc. we are playing normal human beings so they should all pretty much be average. Maybe someone like Blaze could count himself as being of bigger build due to his marine training and could have Above Average strength. I think any higher or lower should be saved for aliens we meet, e.g. Torgoths having either High strength or Exceptional strength (if they are particularly large). Does that sound reasonable?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Xavier. Reason: Added missing info about possible level of strength for Blaze
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Xavier.
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

Yeah, I agree.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Specific abilities or bonuses might derive from the gifts and flaws. Matsiyan is likely to spot the Kralien coffee machine first or possibly other aromatics and Blaze has distinctive size, Aramond has a cybernetic eye, etc.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I based the probability of having a generator on Matsiyan’s Engineering background and the mention of such a thing in the Manticore mission, so a bit above average.

Wasn’t sure if adapting it to Kralien systems was average or easier and went with average on the basis Matsiyan knows very little about 👽 based on his skill sets.

Nhaima
    Participant

+1 step if you have a relevant gift, -1 if you have a relevant flaw?

Matsiyan
    Participant

Yes. That’s what I was thinking.

Xavier
    Keymaster

That sounds a good idea. A shift to the left/right depending on relevant gifts and flaws. +/-1 should be fine too. Any bigger i don’t think is required.

We could have a chat on TS tonight about some details and make some note (depending on levels of tiredness).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys, I was just about to make another post, but I rolled an exceptional yes on walking down a bloody corridor safely. How should I make this exceptional, or should I just make it normal? //Also, I am sad to see no one laugh at my misfortune/star wars reference. 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, what has the GM emulator actually done so far? It hasn’t made posts, so I’m unsure to as what it’s actually doing, unless it turns out the emulator is Turnez.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

The “emulator” is the format of asking questions and getting answers. It’s not a real software. So what has it done? It made us move onwards, without having to wait for the GM to tell us how the layout of the hallways are, etc.

An exceptional yes walking down a corridor can mean it’s lit nicely, that there are no dangers at all in there, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, okay. Thanks, Blaze. I think I get it know, I feel the documents didn’t actually explain that part. Great, so I guess we’re walking in a nicely lit corridor…..in a station with no power at the moment. Bright side though, no danger.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Well that light source will be interesting. Maybe it’s a flashlight. Or there’s a battery pack connected to it.

Or different parts of the station have different power sources. Nhaima already stated it’s a weird one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How would ordering another officer to do something work in this format? Does the officer making the post roll for them, or does that officer have to roll?

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Well, let’s say you want to order me to open a door. Your post would contain the order, my post would contain the response and the action of opening the door, so I’d roll.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.