OOC Mission Topic: 29517-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Archives Promethean Command Station Mission Control OOC Mission Topic: 29517-2237

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Matsiyan
    Participant

I added Planetside modules and validation to the TSN Officers RP

I also added a column for Zac Turnez as I could not see one and suggested modules where I believe I have seen evidence of training. Would @admin care to fill that out?

From reviewing the RP sheet, it looks like Wilcon and Nhaima are well suited to security and with her Intelligence analysis and Sensor Data Analysis, Nhaima could make a fair go of planetary navigation. That might be modified by Planetside Survival training if anyone has any. Wilcon has the best fit for orbital navigation.

I played to Matsiyan’s strengths and interests in choosing Planetside modules. He probably does have an edge in hardware. They seem to be peers in computer and sensor operations. Which leaves him free to concentrate on the equipment. He also has additional training in comms which is why he took responsibility for the extra comms gear.

What we don’t have, unless Turnez does, is a Botanist or Xenobiologist to collect meaningful samples. Any of us will otherwise be operating off default basic training and any comms guidance from orbit.

I’m hoping the Geology and Chemical Engineering may come in useful for assessing the “impact site”, if that is what it is.

Questions:
    1) Why are we a day’s walk from the Atmospheric station? Matsiyan keeps up with his prescribed exercise but he’s not practiced in footslogging. Are there particular flora or fauna habitats on the path to be investigated?

2) I had the impression that the impact site (the reddish zone?), as seen from orbit, was thousands, or at least many hundreds, of kilometres from the atmospheric station site. Have we determined that the AS is on the edge of the mystery reddish zone? I cannot find Nhaima’s orbital reconnaissance pictures.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I added a sheet to the TSN Officers RP to calculate the Service Record for printing. Just insert the relevant officer’s name.

Nhaima
    Participant

I can’t believe I left Astro-navigation at trained. Really shouldn’t be, considering what I do during shifts, so I reordered it but Wilcon is still more skilled at it than my character so the relative standing remains. I also felt the most confident in putting my expert planetary skill into Survival, so that helped round out your thought for in-atmo flying anyway.

As for the planetary reconnaissance, I’ll go find those photos and repost them in this thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Xavier Got room for one more?

Edit: Never mind, looks like you guys already deployed, unless you could somehow write me in?

Matsiyan
    Participant

Nhaima: Agreed about astronavigation 🙂

I did find the reconnaissance pics. #2 seems the clearest. I thought we were somewhere in the green patch and the red mystery zone is approximately half a continent away.

Matsiyan is more at ease in zero-g than surrounded by flora. Very happy to have a survival expert.

Xavier
    Keymaster

@dantezelreich – the norm is just to join in and assume you’ve been there all along ‘in the background’. That is intentional to allow people to come and go if required.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright, I’ll make a post soon once I’ve brushed up on what I can do and what role I should pick. Unless you have a role already in mind?

Matsiyan
    Participant

Assuming that the day’s walk is because there is some flora or fauna we are searching for or that the N’tani asked us not to fly over that bit or for some rason it is not safe to do so. Deep narrow ravine where the samples are?

Xavier
    Keymaster

I reckoned it would be an incline across rugged terrain that would take several hours to cross. We’d have to leave the plains first, then traverse lower mountainous slopes to reach the higher peaks where the monitoring station was deployed. The reason why we didn’t land closer… probably terrain. We need a relatively level and open place to land.

Matthew Vaj
    Participant

I’d be down to be a xenobiologist, Vaj has training in that and medical.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Vaj, not that it changes the outcome but just for reference I would have rated your question differently. I would have made the AR Above Average because you are Confident with Weapons. I would have made the DR also Above Average because the thing is mid sized but moving fast.

Now that we are hugging the shuttle and obviously aware of it, I wonder if it will prsss the attack or give up and go after something easier, like those impala perhaps.

My idea for the thing is that it stays by the edge of the uplands to get easily airborne and to use thermals to rise. It is vulture like but has a stinger to encourage prey to the appropriate condition. A group of these could take down even that huge mammal we met on the first trip, the one that liked Blaze. I propose that if we look it up, we will find the N’tani have alrady named these “Wi’itikin”. I had not planned it but I suppose they are rather like wyverns.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Matsiyan… I cannot believe the heap of trouble you have got us in, just by looking around! We are under attack from an alien creature, and it sounds like Nhaima is injured (even if just burnt). We’re not even properly off the shuttle yet! Lets see what happens to Turnez.

Xavier
    Keymaster

OK, so the creature is down. A rather unexpected roll there! I figured the DR was Above Average I was moving to line up the shot, but as the creature was likely moving on a straight path away, it wouldn’t make it an impossible shot. With the E. Yes result, I figured a hit would wound it enough to knock it out of the sky (I wanted to avoid asking another question to determine how badly wounded it was… we can establish that later if need be). As for Turnez’s own expertise, he is confident with a pistol, making it Above Average for the AR.

Matsiyan
    Participant

I will delete my post that crossed yours in the ether.

Sorry for the trouble, in my head there was a clear small arc that could not have been covered.

Nice shot! We need a word with the Armoury!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately, I had to edit it out, Turnez beat me to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.