(OOC) Dauntless Logo

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development (OOC) Dauntless Logo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Matsiyan
    Participant

I think the hexagon looks awesome; bold and clean. But the heptagon (I thought it was a septagon?) has a curiously compelling 3D perspective.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Very cool! Now we need an eagle for Eagle.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I didn’t think we were going for the shield type. The others are just polygons, not shield types.

Fish Evans

the Old TSN Pegasus – a Battleship pre runner to the Hydra

The Current Light Cruiser TSN Phoenix

Just thowing the style sheet out as surgestions.

Xavier
    Keymaster

I like the heptagon for the carrier.

Matsiyan
    Participant

One suggestion. The fighters are a bit too literal for my taste. I like the way the fighter silhouette and contrail looks like a phalanx of spears which echoes the helmet. I like the mythical imagery. How about using spears instead? The other image that came to mind was using shooting stars/meteors.

Quinn
    Participant

I thought it was a little on the nose too, Matsiyan. I can try spears, or arrows maybe. I also put the fighters and their contrails on slight angles in the heptagon, which might be the 3d perspective you mentioned.

I don’t have the design software at home, so it’ll have to wait till my lunch break on Monday unfortunately.

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

I personally like the heptagon best. And perhaps we can go with a triangle for the missile cruiser, as it’s the polygon that’s not a huge number of sides or just a plain square.

John van Leigh
    Participant

I’m not sure about using triangles, though. I feel those are best reserved for station and division insignia.

Matsiyan
    Participant

What about one of the other shield shapes? And are we going for an eagles head with a star in its eye or a striking eagle with a snake in its talons?

Udae
    Participant

If not a heptagon, what about a hexagon with a vertex pointing at 000? That might make the fighter formation look right, also.

Quinn
    Participant

OKAY- sounds like the majority is in favor of the heptagon, but I can still change it if people weigh in for a different shape. Otherwise, here are a few with arrows and spears as alternatives to the fighter silhouettes, with and without the contrails, not sure if I like how the contrails look with something this thin. Let me know if we like these better than the fighters.

Dauntless 7A
    Dauntless 7B
    Dauntless 7C
    Dauntless 7D

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Quinn.
    Matsiyan
    Participant

I really like the arrows

Quinn
    Participant

With or without the trails?

Matsiyan
    Participant

Both but maybe better without. With the trails it becomes busy. I love the imagery of dauntless launching her flights of arrows.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.