New Ship Models

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Wade
    Participant

As I was looking around a bit I realized that the only original ship that’s gotten a 3d model upgrade has been the Light Cruiser. I thought I might work my magic and redo a lot of our ships (and the default ones) here and there in my spare time. I have some questions so that I know where I should invest time and effort.

1) Should I worry about adding ship data to any of the vessels or let R&D do their thing?

2) Are there any specific models I should focus on besides ones currently in use?

3) Is there any objection to me using the longer, more slender nacelle design I had implemented in my MKII designs or should I stick with standard nacelle shape?

Thanks for your feedback!

Jafar Ironclad
    Participant

The TSN Single-seaters could use an update, especially with differentiating between them (IIRC they use different scalings of the same model currently).

I envision the Strike fighter having more of a F-22A Raptor type profile, the Bomber being a flying wing with three or four engines, the standard Shuttle having small wings but a bulkier fuselage, and the LR shuttle adding extra engines to the standard.

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

I’ll see what I can do to meet those ideals. Keep in mind though that my focus will be on the old capital vessels first, to make them look more like the new light cruiser model. Also keep in mind I don’t actually make new models. I typically just work with resizing and repositioning the pieces of the existing ones.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Hi Gabe, I’m excited to see an upgrade to the models. The vesseldata is managed by Fish. Just let him know if there are updated files and references to be used.
    I would ping @admin, @verok and @fishevans directly for their input. Maybe try contact on Discord.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Discord invitation https://discord.gg/ShVjU3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.