Log van Leigh 130816-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Personal Logs Log van Leigh 130816-2237

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    John van Leigh
    Participant

Personal log
    Commander John van Leigh, TSN.
    Stardate 130816-2237

Tonight I was promoted, even though I was expecting someone else to receive the charge. At any rate, I’m now supposed to command the Phoenix, the oldest ship on the division. She’s nice, but too much of a generalist in combat, so she doesn’t let any specific tactics shine. I need to look at XO candidates as well, but with the upcoming reshuffling I’m not sure who I’ll get. About my new crew, I have to see, but some of the officers who served with me today are great.

We also had the award ceremony, even though it was scheduled a week from today. Turns out, the admiral had some free time. Attendance was low.

For our mission, we had to protect the rearguard for Admiral Coates. Not to hard, we just had to fly around the Horizon, ocasionally firing ordnance or killing an easy target. Then, after some simulations (the first one frustratingly underwhelming, the second one fast paced and engaging), we did a last sim moving crews around so that everyone could see new captains and request a permanent post. Let’s see what this means for Phoenix.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Congratulations on the promotion, sir!

//You had the award ceremony! We were hoping to listen in on Teamspeak, but we were both tired and when we heard no mention of it we went to sleep.

John van Leigh
    Participant

//I was sure the ceremony was going to be next week. Sorry you missed it!

Aramond
    Participant

//The weird thing is that not only was it not on the schedule for this shift, there’s also a note saying it’ll be carried out next week. But, I do remember “Coates” saying that he didn;t have all the awards on him at the time. Me thinks there’s going to be a part two.

Matsiyan
    Participant

// Could someone post the list of awards that was handed out? It is going to be very difficult to pick it up by trolling through people’s online profiles.

I am hoping that we can call into the briefing at the start of the next shift. It would be nice if any ceremony could take place at the start rather than later.

Congratulations on the well-deserved promotion!

John van Leigh
    Participant

//Thanks! If there’s no part two (because spoilers) I’ll try to present the list. But we’ll hve to wait for the next session.

Aposine
    Participant

// I took notes as the ceremony went down, although I’m not sure I got it perfectly because, well, awards were awarded in rapid succession. If it’s okay I could post them here.

John van Leigh
    Participant

//Maybe it’s best if we wait. Don’t worry about missing names, the senior staff has a list with all the awards we can just post, but I’m not sure if either Allard skipped some names, or if there’s going to be a repeat, and if there’s a repeat we should let the recipients be somewhat surprised. Still, I’m not ordering anything and the awards aren’t classified, so if you want to post it, do it.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

//Ah, I don’t think I’ll be able to participate next week. But again, congratulations on the well deserved promotion! 😀

John van Leigh
    Participant

//Thanks! Damn, Blaze… At any rate, you’ll read the list as soon as it’s released.

Aposine
    Participant

// Personally, I’m hoping for a repeat at this point. Stop the spoilers!!

Aramond
    Participant

// @aposine You just want to hear your name called more. XD

John van Leigh
    Participant

//Can’t blame him!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.