Log Mundy 20216-2237; 27216-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Personal Logs Log Mundy 20216-2237; 27216-2237

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

Personal Log, Lt.Jr. Adele Mundy, TSN Hawk, 2nd Flt. 4LD
    20216-2237; 27216-2237

Join the Terran Stellar Navy, they said, you won’t be doing 50km runs with a 50kg pack on your back, they said, you’ll be learning advanced stellar cartography and zero-G suit use, and alien languages and astrophysics and all kinds of other cool stuff…

Everything hurts. Why does culture have to hurt? Why is planet gravity so much gravitier than shipboard gravity? Computer, if you dare, if you DARE correct my words I shall invent a malfunction that will require a thorough and painful reprogramming of your deepest, darkest databanks.

Even when you have bright-eyed and bushy-tailed cadets to boss around, and in theory you could bask in your (however Jr.) Lieutenanthood (Computer! WHAT did I just say about correcting my words!) and wave at things and order, “Get that flagpole up, Sgt. Major”, in practice when time is short and things need to be moved, you pick them up and move them. So clearly this is why the Marines do all that running around carrying packs. It’s all for the sake of art and music. Who knew?

Also, radiation burns. Or sunburn, as it used to be known. Dammit, planetside life is dangerous.

We need better painkillers. Forget about the war and the Caltrons and Cosmic Dodecahedrons and nanite infestations and Interstellar Rifts. Why aren’t we funding research into better painkillers? I wonder if the Chief Engineer on this transport back to base follows the time-honoured custom of stashing some medicinal alcohol in one of the panels…

//No hidden references to Earth mass media this time. Too tired to think.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Adele Mundy.
    Matsiyan
    Participant

// The Hitch-Hiker reference was hardly hidden…

Adele Mundy
    Participant

//That’s because you know the way I think, and I have internalised HHGG to the point where sometimes I hear Peter Jones’ voice reading my log out loud. And now only the old people who have heard the original Radio 4 series will get that reference.

Aramond
    Participant

// For all the praise we give each other for our 1000+ word logs every week, this is the best piece I’ve seen so far.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

//Thank you, kind sir!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.