Lancer Logo

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Wade
    Participant

I deliberately chose to go with a different patch because, if you notice, each ship class has a different patch shape: shield for the battleship, octagon for the battlecruiser, a different kind of shield for the light cruiser, and the circle for scouts. The Lancer Class is an Interceptor, which is an entirely different type of vessel, hence the new patch shape. I am open to trying a different patch shape, if someone would like to suggest one. 🙂

Matsiyan
    Participant

Commander Jemel indicated that he liked the more dramatic image.

I was not aware of the patch shapes indicating ship class. I have not seen the Battleship shield or the insignia for the other scout.

What about a hexagon with the points to the side, flat top and bottom.

Or in my head I turned a shield on its side with the point to the right. Then that morphed into an asymmetric rhomboid (diamond/lozenge) with long sides to the right and shorter ones on the left, which would give a kind of lance-head shape which would fit the class and look very dashing.

Thanks for all the work so far.

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

I can try it with the hexagon, but I don’t think it work quite right with the asymmetric rhomboid or tilted shield for one specific reason; paintjobs on the ships. Of you have the rhomboid pointing forward like a lance tip on one side it would be pointing the wrong direction on the other. You have a similar issue with a shield tilted forward toward the action on one side, then away on the other. Granted, the actual lancer image on the shape does the same thing, but at least you don’t have the complete counterbalance of the whole image. It’s better to stay as close to symmetrical as possible in my opinion.

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

Here ya go, Matsiyan! The Lancer Logo on a Hexagon rather than a Pentagon. Lemme know what think. 🙂

Lancer Logo

Link:http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/MartialWraith/Lancer%20Logo%205_zpsv6cgklob.png

Matsiyan
    Participant

I really like it! Maybe it’s the wargamer in me 🙂
    I will need to update my avatar.

Do you know where the largest master copies of the rank and awards images are?

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

That one I don’t know… I get my awards from my profile page on here taking screenshots, and kinda the same thing on TS for the rank pips.

Jemel Eahain

i think i really like the pentagon one, nice work mr wade

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

Thank you, sir!

Sorry Matsiyan, ship’s captain’s preference takes precedence! Pentagon version it is.

Matsiyan
    Participant

No apology requird Mr. Wade, the captain is entirely within his prerogatives. Also I like both. It was another member of the crew who shall remain nameless who favoured it less.

The pentagon rather suggests a lance head in overall outline, so I think it doubly effective for an interceptor class.

And the good news is that I do not have to rework my profile picture!

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

As per your request, Lt. Cmdr. Jemel, an updated version of the Lancer Logo with the new, proper ship designation:

Lancer Logo Updated

Link:
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/MartialWraith/Lancer%20Logo_zps7uog8ixe.png

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Gabriel Wade.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.