Is there any commercial deployment of Artemis?

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Is there any commercial deployment of Artemis?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SoldStatic
    Participant

I’m relatively new to Artemis, but it is awesome. I’ve played a couple games by my lonesome (just to get the hang of it), and have some friends that are going to start playing with me (supposedly).

I can’t help but think that with the growing popularity of things like Escape Rooms, Barcades, etc that this would be an entertaining activity for adults. I own a DJ / event rental company and have a hoarde of DMX lights, fog lights, projectors, etc. Specifically I’m envisioning:

A space station bar for non-playing / waiting crew members / friends to hang out and drink in. There would three small rooms that would be the bridges of the ships. If you aren’t playing yet, you can hang out in the bar and drink spacey cocktails etc and watch the progress on a series of monitors. I’m thinking one monitor on each ships observer screen, and a camera and audio of course of inside the room showing the players.

Each bridge would be outfit with 8 tablets for the consoles. Projector in front for front view port, large TVs on the sides for side views, a medium sized TV for the captain’s “main screen”. A small TV up in a corner of each bridge that can be flipped to show live feed and audio from the ‘space station’ bar when someone pushes the transmit button inside the station. This way when a station gets destroyed, the people in the bar can all scream and act like they are dieing and this would show in the ship.

Anyone know of anything even remotely like this out there in the real world?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome! I personally do not know of anything like that for Artemis. However, if I might make a suggestion. Instead of tablets you might want to use constructed bridge consoles with computers inside them like we do for the Armada conventions. One of our senior officers, Captain Verok, built these specifically for that and makes modifications occasionally. They would fit the atmosphere even better. I like the space cocktail idea. Your only obstacle would be licensing. If you have further questions, don’t hesistate to ask.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, and I have a lot of idea for ambience type things, if you’re interested.

SoldStatic
    Participant

What I’d do is build out physical consoles much like you are using, except for cost and ease of maintenance I like the idea of using a cheap android tablet as the actual input device. The console could essentially be hollow with maybe some neat decorations and maybe some lighting stuff, but this way I don’t have to deal with as many PCs and separate components like touch screens etc. it’s mostly a maintenance concern but the format of your console yes would be somewhat similar. I’m thinking building it with two tablets per console, that way the ship could operated by say 3 or 6 or more people, if you have more people you scoot the chair in otherwise you can just have a minimal crew.

Very interested in your ideas! Please share!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Android tablets wouldn’t be feasible I think. The Artemis mobile apps really aren’t that great. You’d be better off spending the money on something like Surfaces or another Windows-based combo laptop/tablets. For ambience, I was thinking of your typical space cantina music as well as broadcasts like the, “Now hear this, now hear this….”. As well as red alert for the station when an enemy is approaching. Pyrotechnics for when it’s under attack. (Safety is key, as always.). And maybe if you could announce missions like a deployment order or scramble orders via the broadcasts I previously mentioned.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you really want to know more about these types of setups, I could put you in contact with Captain Verok, if you wish.

SoldStatic
    Participant

Absolutely would love to hear more from him. If the mobile versions don’t work as well then yea pcs it is. There’s enough cheap touch screens out there it wouldn’t be too bad.

Yes I like the scramble orders to announce when a crew needs to go to a ship. Definitely will be a fog machine and lights in each bridge and in the bar. Pyrotechnics wouldn’t be feasible for insurance reasons lol.

For music I’d probably just do pop music in the bar area, maybe have a playlist that shuffles in a little Star Wars cantina on occasion, but it’s got to be an entertaining space where people can kill an hour or two until their crew gets scrambled.

I’m also thinking in the bar there could be maybe at each booth a screen and controls that could be for the fighters lol. So you’re sitting there drinking your romulan ale and a captain comes on a small speaker at your table requesting you to scramble into your fighter.

There’s just so many ways to do this and would be so entertaining. Assuming one could get enough people there which would obviously be the hardest part.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright, I’ll have him have a look at this thread.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Apart from the bar/waiting room, what you envisage is close to the set-up at Phoenix Comicon: Ivan has six rooms set up as six ship bridges, with large screens for the main screen, computers and monitors for each station. The six ships run on one server, and the missions are for the whole group. For the Con, the set up takes about 8 hours, break down a bit less…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.