IMP.>INT.>INTEL.>I.N.I. Report 3318-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre IMP.>INT.>INTEL.>I.N.I. Report 3318-2237

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Leonard Hall
    Participant

D E V O T I O N T O T R U T H
    THIS DOCUMENT IS PUBLISHED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE
    IMPERIAL STELLAR NAVY
    NAVAL KNOWLEDGE VALIDATION DOCTRINE
    SECURITY CLEARANCE LEVEL III
    ENCRYPTION LEVEL ANGEL
    BRIDGE STAFF EYES ONLY
    STARDATE 3318-2237

SPECIAL INTELLIGENCE REPORT FOLLOWS…
    Operations within the Cerberus System have been continuing. As Navy forces prepare to move into Krisenda, the 4HG and 3HG have been assigned rearguard policing duty throughout Cerberus. Operation “Clearout” was authorized in response to pirate incursions throughout Cerberus, as well as N’tani agitators making their presence known.

Whilst the 4HG awaited the arrival of 3HG, they met with, and dispatched heavy pirate forces in Cerberus sectors II and V. The strength and number of the pirate forces required 4HG to rotate the fleet engagement, as one ship would return to base for much-needed energy and ordnance resupply, while the rest remained in position to intercept and engage. These pirates seemed to be intent on salvaging various ISN and Hegemony hulks which had already been declared as Imperial spoils of war.

The 4HG was tasked to Sector VI to work with the 3HG. All civilian vessels were stopped and searched, and lockdown declared for the sector. During interdictions, one civilian ship exhibited hostility and was dealt with appropriately and in a manner that will convey a warning to any civilians who contemplate taking aggressive actions towards the Empire and its fleets in the future.

The 3HG conducted a sweep of the installations within the sector. Intelligence identified a known traitor lurking among the stations, and the 3HG was tasked with rooting him out, despite resistance from the civilian population. The traitor, once he had been isolated and exposed, attempted to flee aboard a shuttlecraft. He was promptly intercepted by the 4HG and terminated. The shuttle’s flight controls and logs are to be decoded to determine his likely destination and intentions.

Shortly after this, communications feeds within the sector blacked out and sensor telemetry from both hunter groups was lost. Attempts to hail the 4HG were made after “vessel down” codes were received from automated emergency transponders on 3HG vessels, but the only intercepted communications referred to some form of computer virus and a need to quarantine ship systems. A thorough investigation has been ordered.

SPECIAL INTELLIGENCE REPORT ENDS…

CURRENT GROUP INTELLIGENCE:
    The success of the 4HG in holding back the pirate incursions is expected to have resulted in a heavy blow to pirate operations, both in Cerberus and surrounding sectors in the medium term. However, the disappearance of 3HG, coupled with 4HG declaring quarantine procedures puts a significant cramp on 2SPACFLOT’s capabilities. BATCOM units will need to be diverted from the Krisenda operation until we can determine what has occurred to our rearguard.

MISSION PLANNING:
    Scouting operations will be required into the Cerberus system to determine the fate of the missing 3rd Hunter Group. Additionally, reconnaissance will be required to discover whether 3 & 4 HG completed their mission parameters.

TACTICAL RECOMMENDATIONS:
    Care should be taken not to stretch the fleet too far given the current situation.

Caution is advised when engaging Pirate fighter strike forces individually, as reports have been received that these Pirate scum have successfully miniaturized their tractor beam emitters and installed them on many of their single-seat craft to great effect.

S U P E R I O R I T Y

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.