IMP.>INT.>INTEL.>I.N.I. Report 13118-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre IMP.>INT.>INTEL.>I.N.I. Report 13118-2237

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Leonard Hall
    Participant

D E V O T I O N T O T R U T H
    THIS DOCUMENT IS PUBLISHED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE
    IMPERIAL STELLAR NAVY
    NAVAL KNOWLEDGE VALIDATION DOCTRINE
    SECURITY CLEARANCE LEVEL III
    ENCRYPTION LEVEL ANGEL
    BRIDGE STAFF EYES ONLY
    STARDATE 13118-2237

SPECIAL INTELLIGENCE REPORT FOLLOWS…
    Manual maintenance of shipboard life support systems remains necessary. Recommissioning of Stormhold station continued. Sensor relays were deployed throughout the local sector to improve perimeter security and assist astrographic triangulation. A small convoy of N’tani nomadic traders passed uneventfully from Trailing to Rimward edges of the sector without displaying hostility or breaching security protocols.
    A significant infestation of biomechs occurred. Engagement was delayed as much as possible but eventually their proximity to group resources resulted in an outbreak of hostilities. Their behaviour may have been atypical because they were moving in advance of several pods of space whales being pursued by Torgoths from Core-Trailing, who compromised the security of Stormhold station and had to be destroyed. Following these OPs the Hunter Group was forced to scramble against a number of powerful pirate patrols who strayed into the sector from Spinward. Since we’re still breathing it can be presumed they were vanquished.

SPECIAL INTELLIGENCE REPORT ENDS…

CURRENT GROUP INTELLIGENCE:

The N’tani group which we had encountered left our sector along a Echo-line (Rimward) transition. We can presume that there may be habitation within the adjacent sector or along that line of sectors, however far it may reach. There were unusual electromagnetic readings coming from their cargo pods. It may contain something of interest or be a quirk of those particular ships’ design.

Our exact location within spacetime is unknown. We know we are somewhere within the Milky Way and our general operational area, but no more specific information is available at this time. Without any definitive navigational references we must explore the space we can reach on conventional and warp engines. The system we are in appears to be stable, and likely contains one or more Jump Points. Given the variety of traffic we have encountered it is probable these points are gated. Finding these may go a long way towards determining where we truly are. Stormhold does not seem to possess any pertinent information as a result of it being derelict, but if we find another such facility or more active bases we need to secure intelligence.
    Our sensor buoys will take time to gather telemetry and will likely need correlating data from the field in order to make further progress.

MISSION PLANNING:
    As we have no contact with Command we must operate on what we can see and encounter in this unknown location. Our primary “mission” is to acquaint ourselves with local conditions and avoid losing our heads in the process. The chain of command will no doubt have orders for us when we get back to them. Hopefully that includes beds and rations, as even the Grant’s supply is going to be limited out here in space.

We have successfully established a refueling point at Stormhold. Imminent priorities besides our defense include securing a stable supply of resources to replenish our heavy and exotic ordnance stockpiles as well as ensuring a stable supply of equipment for personnel.

TACTICAL RECOMMENDATIONS:
    Our access to material resources has been secured at least for the time being. Due to limited throughput, deployment of heavy ordnance and PShocks should be regulated. While we have an effective exotic ordnance production system now to supply PShock reloads,our stockpile of heavy warheads is limited and vessels should not expect resupply of heavy torpedoes once they have deployed them. It is advised that ships primarily deploy homing torpedoes due to their ease of manufacture.
    Officers should continue to prioritize forcing the retreat of hostile contacts encountered. However it has been determined that many of the locals seem unwilling to surrender. Our defense takes priority in such cases.
    Officers are advised to continue training with the various quirks of their ships and develop an effective battle plan for all forms of hostiles.

S U P E R I O R I T Y

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.