Further Explanation on Stardates

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Archives (OOC) TSN Canon Development Further Explanation on Stardates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been looking at personal logs and it got me thinking that we need to further explain the stardate system. As of now it has worked like so DDMMYY-223x. However, there is currently no way of knowing when the year ticks over. Personally, I wish the date was an ever growing number, eg. Star Trek, so that it looks like the date is sequential.

Star Trek example: 45233.1
    TSN Example: 080816-2237

Blaze Strife
    Participant

I don’t think that knowing something like that would be beneficial. Xavier has stated that we’re following the Artemis’ cannon, and the war we’re in is in the current “year”.

There is another topic where we’ve said a few things about years. If you didn’t read it, here it is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Blaze, I missed this topic.

Xavier
    Keymaster

Note, the stardate is not ddmmyy. It is dmyy, where the day and month are one-digit or two digit numbers. So first May 2016 would not be 01 05 16, but 1 5 16. The tenth may would not be 10 05 16, but 10 5 16. Then you simply delete the space to make the date, so 1516 is 1st May 2016.

This is the most common error I see when people create the stardates.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

There’s another topic that shows that this is secure, when used for Saturdays only.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Blaze I must admit, great method. However, this means there can be huge gaps in the actual dates canon-wise. It’s imperfect in that sense, but I guess it’s the best we can get.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘(OOC) TSN Canon Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.