Creating Language For Alien Species

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development Creating Language For Alien Species

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

We have been fighting agains other space faring civilizations such as Torgoths, Arvonians etc for a long time however we haven t seen them or heard from them. With your contributions i want to create a very simple language for those races. And if it is accepted maybe we use them in our duty shifts as transmissions from alien races. I believe it will deepen the RP and add realism to our game experience. Any support would be awesome.

The language should include very simple words that miltary personel needs, for the beginning. We need to consider their cultural characters and anatomical looks while imagining. Any ideas?

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

https://sites.google.com/site/tsnlinguistics/home

Here you can find 3 languages constructed by players for Arvonian, Ximni and Kralian. They have a dictionary.

We have our own Species in our own universe suc as N’tani and Unakalhai. We are in close relationship with N’tani maybe to enlarge our diplomatic relations we can start creating their language?

Matsiyan
    Participant

The Unukalhai are a human xenophobe subculture rather than a separate species.

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

okay but are they speak english?

Adele Mundy
    Participant

I think the Unukalhai speak whatever languages the human communities speak. The TSN uses one common language, which for convenience’s sake we define as English. By 2237, it’s unlikely to be exactly the same as 21st century English, but we basically RP that we’re using whatever the 2237 standard language is.

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

i got you. but there should be a dialect at least. maybe we say galactic highways and they say interstellar motorways 🙂 just making assumptions to make the game experience greater. as soon as we got the odea about ntani we can create their language and get transmissions from them in their language thus our comms officers have a new job. would nt it be great ?

Fish Evans

the only issue is it massivly complicates the GM job having to encode everything.

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

Our comms officers could help maybe?

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

So here are some examples we can work on. Feel free to examine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JrvQMPcsKCzX0F3zPRRvQ082TNoiMhYIyEerIaGMDOw/edit?usp=sharing

Tuor Elanesse
    Participant

We have made grat improvements on N’tani LAnguage. Now we encrypted their writing process and finally we can understand how they write. Their culture is much more complicated and multi dimensional than we thought it was.

Officer False Trueman is helping me and doing a great work with syntax rules. Soon we ll start to work on a dictionary. It is a fantastic and easy language by using our document you can easily speak or understand it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.