Concerning Xavier's Defiant Stand Against Terran Tyranny

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Concerning Xavier's Defiant Stand Against Terran Tyranny

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Adele Mundy
    Participant

@Leonard Hall, I’m sure there’s an old Earth saying about absolute power…
    @Fish, very cool video!
    @Xavier, as for being epic, I think you did pretty well in a British understated sort of way πŸ™‚

@Aramond
    , good idea, posting the video, it’s a great way of saying “Come to the TSN RP side, we have fruit salad”!

Matsiyan
    Participant

@Xavier As far as the epic voice and tone and dialogue: now we see how hard it is to be a cinematic hero without a scriptwriter and lots of rehearsal. Being as heroic as the literary heroes, ad-lib is extremely difficult. It is going very well so far. But that is the power of scripted “cut scenes” with NPCs occasionally.

Matsiyan
    Participant

Obviously what is best for the community must take precedence within shifts but Mundy and I are required to complete our Mandatory Deployment Readiness Evaluations (prep session for local TSN volunteers for Phoenix ComiCon, uniform inspection and Cadet Instructor accreditation). This means we will not arrive until half way into the shift πŸ™

Fish Evans

so for those asking about the video….

Gebbons Records the Video im not sure what softwhere he is using but it used to be OBS, as he is on the Raven normaly we also get the bridge chatter from the Raven and the Raven to other ship coms/other ship to raven comms.

Hall has a bot in a channel called “Command Comms Relay” you may well of seen it in there. and all the inter ship comunications also whisper to that channel thats how we get the Eagle to Lancer / Phoneixe to Command and control audio.

There is litte work after setup in recording the video in the format you see with the data screens, its literally recored like that live by Gebbons (he was even streaming it a few weeks ago), as this was a special mission I decided to clear up the vid a little and do some moderate editing on it to mix in some of the other ship chatter and put the icons of whos talking to who up I also spliced it into one video from two (one pre crash one post crash) threw up a few other odds and ends to help people understand whats happening – that took me about 4 hours maybe and I would not say its a finished product esp the ending.

Back on to the main topic
    One thing that I have decided is that as a result of the weapons test the torgoths and Arvonians are fairly pived and scared. there are likely to be a number of tricky missions that will decide if they will declare war and re ally with the kralians. I will add that the numbers will be stacked against peacefull resolution. I think as well that the Ximni will throw there lot in with the USFP – that will give us reason abd excuse to play with the Ximni playerships.

as for Xavior Im hopeing that we will be able to do a 10-15 min “court of enquiry” style thing, it will be script guided though and optional anyone not wanting to RP / sit in the chamber will be able to run a simulation or preset mission. It may take more then a week to set up though .. any one fancy playing rear admiral XYZ of the Aderjent Generals office?

Maurice Allard
    Participant

Admiral Mundy?

Matsiyan
    Participant

Technically that would be Admiral Lady/Marquise/Baroness/Countess/Duchess Chatsworth, but yes, definately!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Matsiyan. Reason: Title choice
    Aramond
    Participant

o7

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Look, Admiral Mundy was my great-aunt.

I’d volunteer for the RP session (as long as it isn’t this Sat., because we have a conflict of Artemis duties! We have to go and help out the local group who are going to run six bridges at Phoenix Comicon), but if the court needs my testimony that might be a bit strange.

Matsiyan
    Participant

@xavier commented way back in this thread that “Sorry GM’s, sometimes players don’t do what you expect”.

To which I have to reply that every GM worth their salt is well aware that no plan survives contact with the players!

Also he has repeatedly admonished us that all this speculation is futile because we are unaware of key underlying facts. This is true, and I abhor the typical pre-triel speculation you see so often when victims, journalists and the general public give opinions without all the facts. That is after all the purpose of a trial. But I have to say it is a huge amount of fun to RP what closely involved people probably could not help doing since they were first hand witnesses to at least some of the facts.

Matsiyan
    Participant

@gabrielwade : You asked to have a chance to roleplay your character’s reaction to the events while you were away. In addition to the planned ‘Court of Inquiry’ on teamspeak sometime after next shift, please join your fellow officers in The Bar thread over in the Wardroom RP Forum where a lively discussion is in progress, accompanied by your social drug of choice. We really need the crew of Phoenix to turn up to toast the rebirth of their spirit home.

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

@Matsiyan I’ll have to stroll in there and join the discussion, though I’m not part of the Phoenix crew (Raven tribe, as it were). The only thing I have to figure out is exactly how I become aware of the events. Being away on special assignment and with an event of this magnitude there are a number of ways that the information could get to me, both accurately and inaccurately intact.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

We’re just sitting at a table, you can stroll in straight off your shuttle for a relaxing, celebratory drink🍷, and we’ll hit you with the stunning news 😡

Matsiyan
    Participant

Would you like me to post this?

“Has anyone seen Wade? I ran into him as I was heading here. He just got back from that special assignment. I broke the news to him and I think he’ll be here as soon as he’s grabbed a shower.”

That way you won’t need us to recap everything in the thread.

Gabriel Wade
    Participant

That works perfectly, Matsiyan. That way, as you said, there’s no need to waste a post on obligatory exposition. Much appreciated. *tips my imaginary hat*

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.