Concerning Xavier's Defiant Stand Against Terran Tyranny

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) The Mess Hall Concerning Xavier's Defiant Stand Against Terran Tyranny

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Blaze Strife
    Participant

Please, delete that post, we do not want to know your reasoning. For better RP.

I haven’t read more than the first line.

Xavier
    Keymaster

No spoilers in that. Just want to add more speculation to the mix 😉

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Ok, I’ve read it now.

That’s cool!

I thought you always knew what was going to happen. It’s nice to know I was wrong. 😀

Fish Evans

Intel LIVE for spanners in the works. we react to what happens (and dosent) as much as try to channel things down a course. Its why we offer the Senior officers a choice of missions and we try not to lead you down any particular course.

Video of last week is up now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8RRx-TMc8 Interestingly it seems the Phoenix was in deep do do long before it blew up and van leigh’s call for help to the raven got missed for some reason.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

Now I wonder how the video was made…

And @delPino is too silent to be heard over others.

Matsiyan
    Participant

The video is awesome. It was fantastic to relive the mission. Please note that the overview of events that you get from the bridge of the flagship is certainly not what individual officers on other bridges get. They also don’t get the channel commanders chatter. Not saying that they should, but this does explain why mission objectives and actual performance are often somewhat murky to junior officers. A huge thank you to Fish for putting this together.

I too wonder how the video was recorded and assembled. I would not mind recording my game windows.

For van Leigh (@delpino) I increase the volume of his Teamspeak channel, in that same way that I decrease those who are prone to loud music outbreaks 🙂

Maurice Allard
    Participant

I love the apprehension in Aramond’s voice before the Raven went through the gate.

Also, all that the senior officers got for this mission idea was “Transport classified secret weapon to redacted sector.” We made it up just to fill a slot two weeks ago.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Maurice Allard. Reason: Whoops
    John van Leigh
    Participant

I made two or three requests for assistance, if memory serves me right, one to Raven, other to Lancer, and I think that another for the fleet, but I’m not too sure of that one. I’m not sure that Raven got the message (the orders I received after that were incompatible with my status), but Lancer responded they were unable to assist.

But in the recording it might be that the comms relay doesn’t have the same volume modifiers someone who actually interacts with me would use.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

Adding, as an aside, that this event has brought about more discussion than any other two or three put together (in my hasty estimate). The fog of war, and ethical quandaries, and legal consequences, this is turning out to be a wonderful discussion, both in and out of character.

Now I need to go and delete all the email notices that keep arriving from the TSN 🙂

Aramond
    Participant

Huh, I didn’t realize that the seniors are kept as much in the dark as the rest of us.

Oh god…I sound like such a dick in that video. It was very well put together, though @fishevans.

Quinn
    Participant

That video is incredible! How difficult was it to make? I would love to see one for every shift!

Xavier
    Keymaster

I wish we could go back and redo the dialogue. We could make it so much more epic. You can tell from the recording that it was unplanned in the way that I change my mind. Thinking over it and developing the back story, it would be great if it were done more assertively and decisively.

Blaze Strife
    Participant

We’ll do it better on next occasion. We don’t have many opportunities for RP of this scale. I wonder how many actually want to RP more… That is one thing we should ask of everyone. Not through a Google Form, but specifially ask each and every person.

Aramond
    Participant

For recruitment purposes, I have posted the video to /r/artemis.

Leonard Hall
    Participant

Now I need to go and delete all the email notices that keep arriving from the TSN

I’m afraid, Mundy, that your oath of service prohibits you from doing so.

Clerical duties aside this is certainly a very strange thing to look at having been the GM. Seeing how people react to you controollliinnggg theeeiirr liivveess is quite amusing.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.