Audio logs/discussions

Terran Stellar Navy Forums (OOC) Division Development Audio logs/discussions

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Leonard Hall
    Participant

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy5crwdsq85drcp/aftershift.m4a?dl=0

Final product is here for the audio segment.

Solari
    Participant

Needs a more um, distinct beginning and ending? I could certainly tell the weariness going on at the end.

Mostly it sounded like a Q&A for ONI, with only you knowing parts of the answers. (Hence your weariness?) It does show a need for more information (weekly report?) from ONI to the division in general, or at least senior officers, (Captains to LtCdrs) to then pass down to their crews.

There were some damn good ideas and questions though. But also many assumptions from everyone and patting each other on the back for ‘destroying’ things. Too aggressive perhaps? Still, they were good ones and I reckon ONI could use more feedback like this, instead of keeping crews in the dark about each other and the larger picture.

I did like the fact that it felt like people are getting in the loop, so-to-speak about the game beyond the mere duty shift. All-in-all I got was ‘how do we destroy more in-game?’~ It seemed like you had to make heaps of your answers on the fly…not easy, or viable in the long run. Especially since it sounded like you had to make excuses as to why something wasn’t being done or working? (Again one tired person answering in-depth questions they don’t have exact knowledge of, is not easy.)

Anywho, for a first dry run, this was good to listen to as a player. I did feel sorry for you by the end though. Trampled by unexpected ideas is never fun eh.
    Told you some writing prep and/or format structure might be needed in advance.
    Example:
    1.) Start and present the current topic(s) of discussion.
    2.) List current known ‘theories’ and factual events from ONI (or wherever).
    3.) Get questions from the officers.
    4.) Answer what you can, and don’t be afraid to say: We don’t know at this time. (It’s heaps better than saying No, or turning things down.)
    5.) Form ideas from the questions, with the officers.
    6.) Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 as needed and/or mix the order.
    6.) Review and conclude the discussion.

Meh, all of this is easier said then done eh, lol. Again though, I liked listening to it and I’m sure those in the discussion are now craving more information and follow-ups. This is a good thing.

Leonard Hall
    Participant

I guess the biggest thing I was trying to watch out for was not breaking security clearance or breaking character. And yes, it’s pretty tiring to try and do this post shift with a group of random volunteers and not an overwhelming amount of planning. This was good but my biggest priority for the next one would have to be getting more senior officers involved ( or supplanting the “casual” post shift senior officers meeting) so the conversation has more guides on it. Also didn’t get as much RP as I’d have hoped to get but it was a good experiment nonetheless.

— LTJG Hall ONI

Leonard Hall
    Participant

Dredging this up in response to http://www.terranstellarnavy.net/forums/topic/missions-yesteray/

I think with the nature of the arc here some backdoor sorts of recorded meetings in character could add to the layers of intrigue and enhance the RP.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.