2nd Emergency Division Conference – 28418-2237

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Commissioned Officers’ Galley 2nd Emergency Division Conference – 28418-2237

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Quinn
    Participant

Quinn re-enters the conference room, repeating the precautions from the previous conference just hours before.

All right, at ease. I understand there’s news to report?

OOC- I’ve been informed by ONI that they will be/have been feeding intel to certain officers, so check your messages (on Discord I believe) frequently. Please use this thread to post anything you’ve learned so we can discuss.

Matsiyan
    Participant

OOC – officers have been fed…

Rakaydos
    Participant

Cadet Rakaydos coughed quietly, still uncomfortable in a “merely” human face- his counterpart in the ISN not being the fan of body mods that he was back home. Being in front of so many massively seinor officers didnt help.

“Sirs, regarding safe harbors…

“I tried cold calling a few comm frequencies I remembered from my pre-TSN days, sirs, and made initial contact with the underworld. Nothing firm, but if you read between the lines, there’s a couple places we might be able to go and the ISN wont follow.

“Someone mentioned Atlantis sector last meeting- the Atlantis Whale Preserve is apparently protected by treaty from ISN intervention, but the Arvonian patrols are overworked keeping the Torgoth poachers out, and we wouldnt be the only ones going to ground there.

“I’m not sure what we did to piss off the N’tani- noone tells 3rd shift shit- but they apparently are building up a serious enclave in the euphradies expanse. The contact who mentioned them to me thought the ISN would think twice about going after wanted men under their protection, but I dont know if that option is on the table.

“There’s also the Chronos and Sierra neutral zones. My astropolitics sucks, but the impression I got is that noone goes there because there’s nothing there worth caring about, which makes it a decent place to lose some heat if we have the supplies for it.

“I did, however, manage to tap into the black market boards. Including arms dealers, if we can pay their prices. So we have options there, as well.”

Quinn
    Participant

Slight surprise crosses Quinn’s face

Very good work, Mr. Rakaydos, very thorough. It’ll be good to have options should we need them. I’m glad to have your expertise on our side.

Zyrxes Tam
    Participant

Sir, I haven’t been able to clean up the transmission from Midshipman Hamilton any further, but I am pretty sure I have worked out how to reply back to that source if you wanted to.

Also, I looked up the relevant approach to Admiral Lady Mundy. I have forwarded to you a pre-addressed template targeted at her personal secretary and with some keywords regarding The Subkommandant that will probably get her attention if you have a message for her. Unless you would like me to put through a message on your behalf…

Felicity Song
    Participant

Song speaks up:

Sir, I just have a correction and an addition to Mr. Rakaydos’ report: the N’tani are currently in the Euphini Expanse; and we cleared out a rather well-set-up pirate stronghold in Antara recently, that might be worth looking into.

Quinn
    Participant

That should do just as well, Tam. Verify it’s security, then send the reply “Confirm last transmission: senior officers in Atlantis system. Further details requested.” Hopefully she’s got them for us. Otherwise we’ll have to go fishing.

As for the admiral, you seem to have a better grasp on the finer points of imperial etiquette, perhaps you aught to handle it. We simply want to alert her to the situation: “You might be interested to know,” that sort of thing. We don’t know her relation to Subkommandant Mundy in this universe, so I don’t want to push to hard if it turns out they don’t get along.

He begins to turn away but remembers something

Oh and I got a message from Earth Corporation asking about Kommandant Matsiyan, isn’t he some kind of corporate royalty? Perhaps they’ll also be inclined to make a stink if I tell them he’s been detained. What do you think, subaltern?

Zyrxes Tam
    Participant

Very good, sir. Let me send this note I prepared off to the Admiral’s secretary. taps a couple of times

As I understand it sir, the Kommandant is the grandson of the company Chairman and they get along quite well. I believe the Kommandant’s father is somewhat estranged. He runs the company’s safety program. The Chairman was a junior minister of trade back at the beginning of the empire when the big shipyards were drawing commerce to the new capital. I suspect he might be quite incensed if his grandson was being investigated by INI. I did see, sir, that the former Advocate General of the 3rd Hunter Group was also involved in the “Intelligence Analysis Conference”. There might be some kind of bias in the proceedings. Perhaps the EC legal office would be interested to know? taps again at his padd

Zyrxes Tam
    Participant

Security confirmed. Reply transmitted, sir.

Nhaima
    Participant

When it came her turn to present, Nhaima pulled control for the central display to her console and began uploading images from her pad. First was a graphical representation of the Spinward Marches, second was a list of vessels which paged through one at a time to display more detailed information, configuration data, and hull silhouette.

“In searching local shipping data and traffic patterns, several candidates emerged whose flight plans appeared to be less than genuine. I can go into further detail if you wish, Lieutenant-Senior, but in summary the profiles were generated based on seemingly falsified or incomplete flight plans, missing docking registries, and inconsistencies in cargo manifest for what should be otherwise legitimate ships. As for vessel specifics, there are several markers in sensor readings, EM emissions, drive characteristics, etc. which indicate a likelihood that these are actually a small number of ships maintaining a charade, to present as military or civilian traffic. I believe Lieutenant-Junior Ironclad also has a report utilizing this data as you requested.

“There is a second distinct class of traffic which fell out of our analysis,” she said, tapping her pad again to shift the list of vessels to another collection of vessels, this time with less data enrichment, “These contacts do not correlate with the profile we created for Azure Legion, nor are they regular military. Certainly not 1BATCOM, due to differences in vessel characteristics, though they were broadcasting an ISN IFF originating from 1BATCOM. Specifically Interrogator and Conscience of the Remorseless, though the data currently supports no conclusions as to the significance of the faked IDs belonging to these particular ships. This second class of contacts have been primarily distributed in the Volantis system and in the area between Atlantis and Arietis systems.

“Finally, we have identified a number of sensor contacts which are highly probable to be lone vessels operated by the Azure Legion or Imperial Navy Intelligence which could be used to generate further intelligence. The best of these seem to be on deep patrol between the Atlantis system and Waypoint 60 and into the Arietis system.”

Alia glanced down at her pad and transferred display control back to Quinn for him to peruse the information.

“Do you have any further questions about this information, sir? Otherwise, I will continue with the rest of my briefing.”

// tagging @nquinn91 so he sees the reply more quickly

Rakaydos
    Participant

Cadet Rakaydos murmured aside to Cadet Song. “They’ve been there for awhile? My bad, I misheard. I did think the destroyed pirate hideout was a little too obvous to mention, though- probably the first place the ISN would look.”

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Rakaydos.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Rakaydos.
    Zyrxes Tam
    Participant

Murmurs aside Might be obvious to us but we are the only ISN unit that has been out in Antara. It is on the far side of Hjorden. They might think twice about sending a force that way.

Reacts to imperious beep from padd

Lt. Quinn? I’ve just received a very nice thank you message for you from Admiral Lady Mundy. Apparently she will be sending a very strongly worded inquiry into the parentage of those organizing the Intelligence debrief, sir.

I can only assume she means to leverage any family connections.

Tam retains a suspiciously bland face

Charles Beaumont
    Participant

Beaumont looks up from his padd

No results yet, but I’ve been coordinating with the acting captains, engineers and support crews from the Grant to try and force requisitions through for a replacement for the Grant as well as enough supplies to afford us some mobility and operational independence and the capacity to move all our people when the time comes. We’re keeping the crews active on and around our ships, so in the worst-case scenario we can get them all into the pressurised holds. It’ll be unpleasant and won’t be sustainable, but at least they won’t be left behind.

There does seem to be increased local inventory and logistics buildup in the area though, so we might be able to commandeer some stuff on our way out too, depending on local force buildup.

Quinn
    Participant

Good thinking, Mr. Beaumont. Leaving no one behind is the primary concern, but let’s not leave any supplies behind if we can help it.

Thank you, Subaltern Tam, and send that message to the EC. The more stink around this, the better- it can only serve to obfuscate our dealings with the TSN.

Very thorough work, Intendant Nhaima, thank you. Please continue.

Zyrxes Tam
    Participant

Oh, sorry, sir. When you didn’t say no, I did send to EC legal.

That was a little while ago. I know it has taken some time for reports to come in and for you to review them. I’ve been keeping tabs on routine traffic with Atlantis Command. There has been a noticeable drop-off in comms from Command support staff. I took the liberty of asking Lt. Xiph if he could use his ah, “access” to see what was going on. Apparently there has been a flood of traffic from the core worlds tieing up all their attention. A lot of the messages seem to be from legal and admin departments and a lot of “due process” workflows seem to be instantiated. Lt. Xiph thought that it has all the hallmarks of red-tape someone might use to slow down decision making procedures. Sources include highly-placed government offices. Someone seems to be querying the Void out of whatever is going on at the base.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.