10318-2237 – Control Suite C

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Command Centre 10318-2237 – Control Suite C

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zac Turnez
    Participant

Turnez sits in front of a desk console, his data pad resting in front of him and interfaced with multiple screens on the console. Tapping a few keys, the colour of the console changes from a blue hue to a pale orange indicating secure settings and isolation from main station systems. He turns to address officers around him.

I’ve isolated my console from outside systems. Uploading the sensor logs from the mission now.

He keys a few commands on his data pad and shifts images across to the different screens around him. One shows raw sensor data scrolling rapidly across the screen, another shows a static image of Cerberus Sector VIII and several “ghost” images.

This is going to take a bit of work. Lets start with isolating the ghost signals. We’ll then have to figure out how to phase them out in a way that looks natural. Any ideas? Does anyone know any interference patterns we can add in to scramble the signals?

Xavier
    Keymaster

Key Reference Material

Intel Doc (Comments enabled – use to assist with updating as required)

TSN Forum RP Rules (This now includes reference to the new “Advanced rules” for things like combat).

TSN Forum RP Player’s Toolbox (this now includes TSN Equipment, Armoury and Module details).

TSN Forum RP Scaling Boxes

D100 Dice

CURRENT POST LIMIT – 2 ACTIVE PLAYERS MUST POST BEFORE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR NEXT POST

POST FORMAT:

Question being asked? AR = (difficulty); DR = (difficulty); Roll = (value); Result = (value)

Italics for description/details of interaction
    Bold for speech

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Xavier. Reason: Added the "Mission Intel" document for the RP
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Xavier.
    Zac Turnez
    Participant

Turnez runs the data through a Signature Analysis suite. The raw data begins scrolling across one of the data screens and Turnez watches the other screens closely as individual signatures begin appearing on the other screens.

I just need to find and isolate the right signatures.

Can Turnez identify the signatures from the TSN vessel? AR=High DR=Average Roll=64 Result=Yes

Turnez carefully scan the monitors around him, checking the different signatures. He selects one and open the information across the various screens. One shows a rotatig image of a ship from visual sensors, another data readouts on mass, energy levels and other live data. A time stamp indicates the start and end of the sensor record for the signature

Well, well, here we are.

Adele Mundy
    Participant

At her console, Mundy waits for the orange screen

This is so bad for the eyes, they should call it Zaphod Orange… She mutters. Turning to Turnez, she adds, I need to change something from the sims, before I ever get to the mission logs. It was the Fleet Captain, of all people, replying to a remark about a minor malfunction being attributed to the virus. And he said “Shame the virus is fake…” And I can hardly tell him off, can I? But I should be able to sample enough of his speech to change that to “the virus is a pain”.

Starts running the sim recording

Can Mundy
    A) identify the section she needs to change
    B) find a sample of Xavier saying “a pain”
    C) replace A with B without leaving any telltale signs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.