Reply To: Personal Log – Lt Jr Garion (24520-2238)

Terran Stellar Navy Forums Personal Logs Personal Log – Lt Jr Garion (24520-2238) Reply To: Personal Log – Lt Jr Garion (24520-2238)

Donovan
Participant

Good to have you aboard, Mr. Garion. I’m pleased you enjoyed your deployment aboard Lancer. Just as glad to see a bit of recognition for the unique perspective that Command brings. Your words brought me back to an earlier experience in my own career, when I found myself taking Lancer out as her acting commander. Indeed, I’m sure every command officer and fleet command officer reading your log recognized the same feeling. I’m grateful that someone can start to put the experience of trusting one’s crew/fleet into words. It’s an… “experience”… to put the ship into the hands of your crew – relying on the information flowing from them, while simultaneously trying to direct them as a cohesive unit. It helps when you have talented officers aboard, to be sure. For the newer officers, it’s an opportunity to impart your knowledge and tactics – helping them to increase their own abilities and grow as officers.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Donovan.